|Back to Back Issues Page|
Dr Caroline Leaf | Thinking patterns for entrepreneurs
August 13, 2018
Lately, I have been focussing a lot on the topic of neuroscience and the sub-conscious mind.
One book that literally broke my brain was Switch on your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf.
Indeed one of the more challenging books I’ve read.
I am grateful for the opportunity to interview Dr. Caroline Leaf.
Below a few points of interest taken from the interview:
In a nutshell, please tell us about your 21- day brain detox program and how this program can benefit my fellow entrepreneur friends and followers.
- Dr. Leaf studied the science of thought. It is essential to understand that our mind is separate from our brain. The brain is merely a responder to the mind.
- To make something change in our life (a good habit), you need to use the power of your mind to rewire the brain. This is not a quick fix.
- You need to use the power of your mind to rewire your brain, which is not a quick fix.
- In a time of technology overload, we gather so much information and gather pieces of a puzzle, but we don’t take the time to build the puzzle. (by thinking deeply).
- If we don’t think deeply we do not activate the non – conscious stores of your mind correctly where memories are stored, then they won’t move to the subconscious and further into the conscious mind.
- To build long-term memory take 21 days with daily deliberate mind thinking and work.
- To turn a new thinking habit into the conscious mind to impact how you function will take another 42 days.
- A thought with an effective live long change will take at least 63 days.
What can your readers expect from the new book … Think Learn Succeed?
- Success is an individual thing. Dr. Leaf sees success as a meaningful life and full of self-care.
- The book breaks down the five steps of building memory in our brain.
- The first step is mindfulness. The next four steps take you beyond mindfulness and assist you in building memory.
- We are not designed for the negative, only for the positive
Based on the neuroscience and your information, any morning rituals and daily habits that you will advise entrepreneurs?
- Dr. Leaf to not do a specific morning ritual but rather a ritual that she continuous through the day.
- She continually applies the 21-day detox as a daily habit and starts her day by getting the detoxing going.
- She practices self-examination regularly every few seconds.
Many Christians are confused regarding the topic of medication and often see it as an eastern ritual. How can a Christian utilize meditation in our daily life?
- We must not fear meditation. It is a vital component of any individuals function.
- Think time daily to think deeply.
- From a Christian perspective … David meditated.
- Meditation is fantastic for boosting brain health and creativity.
- Do it frequently during the day for about 15 minutes, without technology
How can entrepreneurs utilize social media without being negatively affected?
- It’s a very disciplined approach, as social media is a very beneficial tool for business.
- We are a designed for deep intellectual thought and by misusing social media, by just continually scrolling through news feeds without, we make ourselves anxious.
- Limit social media and email time for specific time slots during the day
- Good advice – balance your reading with social media. Read in a hard copy book and try to apply your mind and think deeply about what you read.
Subscribe to the webinar series for entrepreneurs below:
How can we assist you?
Contact us for your monthly accounting and tax needs.
I have been in the industry for almost two decades and would love to assist you with your start-up or running business needs.
Feel free to send comments and/or questions to my inbox.
Feel free to contact us with your accounting, income tax or company start-up needs.
Yours in Tax,
Member of Institute of Accounting & Commerce.
You are subscribed to Dryk Holdings Newsletter.
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.