Effective from 1 January 2014 SARS brought in employment tax incentives or ETI in short.
This ETI will be running from 1 January 2014 and end on 31 December 2019.
The whole idea of this incentive is to encourage employers to hire young work seekers. The ETI provides a cash advantage or incentive to employers when they employ young workers between ages 18 and 29 years old.
An employer need to be registered for PAYE in order to utilise the Employment tax incentives.
What employees will qualify?
- Need to have valid ID book
- Must be between the ages 18 and 29 years old
- Was employed on or after 1 October 2013
- The employee need to earn from R 2,000 up to R 5,999
- Domestic workers do not qualify
- A connected person (to the employer) will not qualify.
Read more about the services we offer:
Employees tax (PAYE) or value added tax (VAT) registration.